Book Review: The Simple Secret to Better Painting




This book, by Greg Albert, is a great book! The rule: "Never make any two intervals the same". What a simple concept to keep in mind! Because it is simple but applies to everything in a painting it is easy to keep at the forefront of your mind during the painting process.
Many concepts from teachers I have had percolate through my thoughts while in the painting process.It is fun to think back on the great teachers I have had when those nuggets pop to mind.
In this painting I can see some areas that I didn't apply this concept but after a few widely varied compositions on this piece, I like how it finally came out. Another painting that 'released itself' in the painting process. (As I worked, it became something, not starting out like this!)
Available here, acrylic on stretched canvas 12x16